Marketing and Development Manager
4th Wall Theatre Company is a non-profit professional theatre company founded in 2011 by Co-Artistic Directors Kim Tobin-Lehl and Philip Lehl. Located in the Sawyer Yards arts community, 4th Wall produces four plays per season in an intimate 99-seat black box space.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Development Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing marketing plans for the theatre and researching and writing grant applications.
- Research and identify grant funding opportunities, develop and submit application, acknowledge and report as required.
- Ensure all website content is current and accurate including copy, graphics and promotional images; create pages as needed.
- Assist in producing show programs including content, design, editing, and proofing.
- Coordinate all aspects of direct mail campaigns for subscription and donations including target audiences, copy, design, and printing.
- Draft and issue news releases and media advisories, coordinate with local media to attend productions, and respond to press inquiries.
- Coordinate and support theater events including invitations, vendors, and day of execution.
- Coordinate with co-artistic directors and Communications Coordinator to develop publicity photos, rehearsal and performance video content as needed; ensure materials are properly archived.
- Coordinate with partner theaters to design cross promotional activities to increase ticket sales and awareness including ticket discounts, program advertising, direct mail, and social media campaigns.
- Maintain brand identity including logos, colors, fonts, and copy; update Style and Usage Guide as necessary.
- Generate graphics as needed to support programs, social media, and promotional opportunities.
- Coordinate with Communications Coordinator to develop messaging and images for social media outlets.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- University degree or college diploma preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
- Strong interest and passion for theater.
- Weekend and evening hours required at times.
This position requires that the individual be able to lift up to 20 pounds, be seated for extended periods for computer working in various environments such as outdoors and/or non-traditional settings.
Full time – typically 40 hours per week
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org